I have been trying very hard to find a way to articulate my thoughts on what happened in Charlottesville over the weekend and the aftermath of those events without launching into a full blown tirade of curse words. There is angry and then there is a level above anger and I am not sure what it is called, but that is where I’m at.
After yesterdays press conference I want to make a few things clear to Donald Trump defenders/supporters.
- Very fine people don’t wake up in the morning and decide to attend a rally planned by known Neo Nazi/White Supremacist.
- Very fine people don’t march with people holding torches shouting “Jews will not replace us“. They leave, say something (like the counter-protesters) or stay home
- Very fine people don’t march with people holding torches shouting “Blood and soil” a well known Nazi slogan
- Very fine people look at what happened in Charlottesville and they are appalled, heartbroken, angry, scared that this is 2017 and this behaviour is being excused
At the press conference yesterday Trump also said:
“I would do it the same way, because I want to make sure when I make a statement that the statement is correct. And there was no way of making a correct statement that early. I had to see the facts, unlike a lot of reporters.”
There are many examples of Trump jumping to comment without all the facts when he thinks a Muslim is responsible for example:
- Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, less than 24 hours to comment and he called it a terror attack before the police released any information
- The terrorist attack at the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester it took Trump less than 24 hours to comment calling it “evil”.
- After the London terror attack it took less than 24 hours for Trump to comment
In 181 days he has made 836 false or misleading claims, yet now he wants all the facts before making a statement? Here are some examples where Trump has flat out made up shit with no facts:
- He lies about the Chicago murder rate
- He lied about an attack in Sweden that never happened
- He called an attack in Manila a terrorist attack when it wasn’t
- He claimed that hundreds of people from foreign countries have been charged with terrorism related offences in the US
- Rise in the murder rate in the US
But when it is a white person who is responsible for the attack or it is an attack against a Muslim he needs facts first, or takes days to respond, if he responds at all.
And in Charlottesville he refuses to call it Terrorism! A reporter flat-out asks him and he dances around the question putting the ownest on the reporter to call it terrorism!
REPORTER: Two questions: Was this terrorism? And can you tell us how you are feeling about your chief strategist Steve Bannon?
TRUMP: Well I think the driver of the car is a disgrace to himself, his family and this country. You can call it terrorism. You can call it murder. You can call it whatever you want. I would just call it as the fastest one to come up with a good verdict. There is a question. Is it murder? Is it terrorism? Then you get into legal semantics. The driver of the car is a murderer. What he did was a horrible, horrible, inexcusable thing.
This man has shown people who he is again and again.
He is a bigot.
He is complaisant to racism and he isn’t making America great again, he turning America into a time bomb that is about to explode!
Lastly, I want to make this perfectly clear very fine people don’t make excuses for racists.